In Baldur’s Gate 3, you can Pickpocket gold and resources from enemies and dominate the game. Find out the best ways to steal items here in our guide.
Looting items in Baldur’s Gate 3 is done in various ways. You can farm gold by slaying enemies, unlock gear items from traders and acquire the legendary weapons as rewards. These are the best ways to farm equipment in the game. But the Pickpocket mechanic is a new feature in Baldur’s Gate 3 that lets you go stealth and steal items from NPCs and enemies. In this way, you will be able to complete all stories and challenges quickly.
Pickpocketing is fun in Baldur’s Gate III and you can acquire every weapon or resource they own. Pickpocketing is easy, but if you fail, you have to restart your mission. Also, stealing might land you in trouble and you will be prisoned as well. So, there are lots of things you have to overcome to master the pickpocketing feature. Here’s all about Pickpocketing and ways to steal items in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Pickpocketing Guide & Tricks!
Stealing items is fun in Baldur’s Gate 3. You can loot every item from opponents and add them to your inventory. Similarly other players will be able to loot yours as well. Pickpocketing mechanic works well with Druid and Rogue class units.
Also, characters with high dexterity, knowledge and proficiency in stealth will be able to steal easily. You can use the dexterity skill, Sleight of Hand to increase your base stats.
With these skills, you can start to Pickpocket from targets. After choosing your units, you have to go into stealth mode by selecting the Hide action from your character menu. Now, you can look for characters in your zones and hide behind them.
Sneak behind enemies and let your party members distract opponents. Now, you can proceed to select the Pickpocket feature on enemies and look for items from their inventory. Choose your items and perform a dice roll. Buffs and skills provide extra rolls and you make use of them to complete a successful dice roll.
The dice roll indicates whether your steal is successful or failure. Once you successfully manage to steal, enemy’s equipment will turn red and this reconfirms all their items are added to your bags. Then, you have to exit the location immediately or else you might be exposed.
That’s how you can Pickpocket in Baldur’s Gate 3 and steal resources from enemies. This will be a fun activity until you get caught. You have to be meticulous while stealing from enemies, so here are some tips to complete pickpocketing in Baldur’s Gate 3,
- Before stealing resources, you have to save your progress. If you are caught, then the progress will be lost and you have to restart your missions. So, it’s better to quick save your progress and continue further
- After stealing items, get out of the zone immediately. Once stealth mode is disabled, you will be in trouble. Always make sure to escape from the enemy’s zone once you are done with pickpocketing.
- Avoid entering locations that are marked red on the map. These are danger zones that you need to avoid while doing pickpocketing in the game
- Use Cantrip and other armor set pieces that provide Dexterity and stealing stats. These will be effective to complete pickpocketing
- Never sell stolen items to traders, vendors, merchants and other NPCs. Selling these items will put you in trouble as these NPCs will inform cops and bad-mouth your characters. They will never agree to exchange stolen items as well.
- Avoid stealing frequently. You might be caught by the goblins, druids or rogues. These NPCs will take you to the prison cells. You will also be trapped along with the Halsin NPC in his prison
- Whenever you are about to Pickpocket items, you can take a long rest and proceed. Also, after completing one, you can take a long rest at the campsite
- Always take your party members while pickpocketing items. You can Crouch behind enemies and your party members can initiate a conversation and deviate them.
That’s how you can successfully pickpocket in Baldur’s Gate 3. Go with these tips and tricks to steal items from enemies. You can farm gold, steal armor sets and more gear items as well from random opponents who wander across locations on the map.
Pickpocketing is fun in Baldur’s Gate III. You can steal unlimited items without getting caught by deploying the right strategies. Also, by procuring the best resources, you can level up fast and complete all three acts.
Frequently Asked Question
Getting the best Baldur’s Gate 3 end is in your hands. The stories, companions and choices you make will reflect at the end of act 3. You can either get a good ending by sacrificing some companions or by doing some objectives. Else, you can proceed to get an evil or bad ending and dominate the world.
You have to download any mod manager. Vortex Mod Manager is used by many players for Baldur’s Gate 3. Also, you have to download and extract those zip files to BG 3 directory. Finally you can activate and deploy them in the game.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide – 10 Tips from Early Access
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Barbarian Guide – Berserker vs Wildheart
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Companions Guide – How to Get?
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant