Here are all the details that have been newly added in the Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8. Read below to know what is new in the game.
A role-playing video game, Baldur’s Gate 3, features both a single-player campaign and cooperative multiplayer. Players customize their characters, assemble a party, and explore the story along with computer-generated characters. As an optional feature, players can team up online with other players to form a party with one of their characters.
Patch 8 of Baldur’s Gate 3 adds gnomes to the game based on Dungeons & Dragons’ beloved race. This is the first time a new race has been added since Baldur’s Gate 3 launched in Early Access. This patch introduces the Bard class and gives Gnomes a plus one for intelligence. It will also have Gnome Cunning passive, which gives them an advantage on wisdom, and charisma saving throws against magic. To know more about the Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8, read below.
Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8: New Bard Class
A bard class has been added to Baldur’s Gate 3 with patch 8. With access to healing, boosting, and status effect spells, the bard is a major spellcaster class. Moreover, Baldur’s Gate 3 contains the two bard subclasses from the D&D Player’s Handbook: the College of Lore and the College of Valor. These subclasses can give bonus dice to certain dice rolls.
Cutting Words allows the College of Lore bards to reduce dice rolls for their enemies, and they gain bonus skill proficiency, while inspiration allows the College of Valor bards to deal bonus combat damage to allies, and they gain armor and weapon proficiency.
Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8: New Instruments
Players can also select from a variety of musical instruments at the time of character creation in Patch 8. These include the hand drum, the lute, the lyre, the flute, and the viola. Bards can also play instruments in the overworld if they attain level 4 and select the Performer Feat. Bards use these instruments to cast spells. As the Rogue class gains the Ability at level 1, the Bard class will also gain the Expertise ability. This is notable since the Bard class already has the Expertise ability.
New Gnome Race
Larian Studios revealed that playable gnomes would be appearing in Baldur’s Gate 3. The gnomes are miniature demihumans with an aptitude for illusion spells and scientific inventions.
Because of their reputation for being cheerful, gnomes in the Forgotten Realms originally had bard as their Favorite Class in D&D 3.5. All gnomes in Baldur’s Gate 3 begin to play with +2 Intelligence and Gnome Cunning, which provides an advantage on saving throws including Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. The three gnome subraces in Baldur’s Gate 3 are the forest gnome, deep gnome, and rock gnome.
- For forest gnomes, +1 is gained to Dexterity, the ability to speak with animal companions, and Superior Darkvision.
- For deep gnomes, it is +1 to Dexterity, Superior Darkvision, and an advantage on stealth checks.
- Lastly, for rock gnomes, it is +1 to Constitution, Darkvision, and Artificer’s Lore, which doubles their proficiency bonus for History checks. Additionally, the rock gnomes come equipped with a musical box that plays the Baldur’s Gate 3 theme and may be exchanged for additional money.
In Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8, new spells were added. These are of enthrall, heroism, phantasmal force, calm emotions, and vicious mockery.
- In Dungeons & Dragons, calm emotions can lessen hostile behavior in animals by suppressing charmed and terrifying situations.
- People who make a bad saving throw are distracted by enthrall and are pulled to the caster.
- One victim receives temporary hit points and protection from the terrifying state thanks to heroism.
- An enemy’s illusion may be made true in their minds via phantasmal force.
- A target of vicious mocking takes psychic damage and suffers a disadvantage on its subsequent attack if it fails a saving throw.
In Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 8, swarm AI has been added. This allows monsters to act at the same time, which speeds up enemy turns dramatically. Most combat encounters will be faster with swarm AI, although it isn’t active in every battle.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- The Division Resurgence trailer revealed with Alpha test sign up details
- Pokemon Go Anniversary Research Event – Tasks, Rewards, and more
- How to find and solve the Shuffled Shrines Puzzle in Fortnite – Guide
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant E-Sports news and updates