Kevin Durant is widely regarded as one of the best players in the game right now – what are the different nicknames KD has?
On the basketball court, the Phoenix Suns superstar is known for his insane shooting ability, his giant wingspan as well as his incredible jump – while off the court, Kevin Durant is known for his many endorsement deals and his infamous social media activity, and constantly finds himself in the headlines.
Being in the spotlight for so many years of his career in the NBA, Durant has earned himself a full list of nicknames. Having enjoyed a career spanning over 15 years that has seen him play for the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Golden State Warriors, the Brooklyn Nets and the Phoenix Suns since being drafted in the 2009 NBA draft, Durant is now a household name in world sport.
Naturally, Durant is known by a plethora of nicknames – some of which have been self-proclaimed while some of which have been lovingly bestowed upon him by his fans. In this list, we will look at a few nicknames that Durant has been called during his career.
What are the various nicknames that Kevin Durant has had in his career so far?
Here are five nicknames that Durant has had in his career so far.
1. KD: The first nickname that comes to mind whenever we think about Durant is obviously the one with his initials. A universal nickname to say the least.
2. Durantula: A venomous nickname, Durantala encapsulates everything Durant is – a deadly predator who spells bad news for his victims on a basketball court.
3. The Slim Reaper: A play of words on the “Grim Reaper”, this nickname originates from the fact that Durant stands at 6 feet 9 inches and is skinny. It also has something to do with the fact that Durant as your opponent on the floor is impending doom.
4. The Servant: This one is a self proclaimed nickname as Durant named himself as “The Servant” in the 2014 All Star Game, saying he likes to serve everyone – from his teammates to his fans.
5. Easy Money Sniper: A nickname that needs no explanation. A betting man would not hesitate to wager his house on Durant finding the bucket from anywhere on the court, and it would be easy money.