UFC Vegas 40: Take a look at the results and the ones who received bonuses
The UFC Vegas 40 was the third UFC event for the month of October and promised to be an exciting card. The event’s main event featured a highly anticipated clash between Norma Dumont and Aspen Ladd from the women’s featherweight division.
The card had ten fights in total with five of them on the prelims card and five fights on the main cards as well. Much to the liking of fans, five out of the ten fights were ended via KO or Submission. With that being said let’s take a look at all the results and bonus winners from the UFC Vegas 40.
UFC Vegas 40 Winners and results
- Ariane Carnelossi defeated Istela Nunes via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Danaa Batgerel defeated Brandon Davis via TKO (strikes)
- Luana Carolina defeated Loopy Godinez via unanimous decision
- Danny Roberts defeated Ramazan Emeev via split decision
- Bruno Silva defeated Andrew Sanchez via knockout (punches)
- Nate Landwehr defeated Ludovit Klein via submission (anaconda choke)
- Manon Fiorot defeated Mayra Bueno Silva via unanimous decision
- Jim Miller defeated Erick Gonzalez via knockout (punch)
- Andrei Arlovski defeated Carlos Felipe via unanimous decision
- Norma Dumont defeated Aspen Ladd via unanimous decision
UFC Vegas 40 Bonus Winners
The bonuses were quite different than usual for the event. Instead of two performance of the night and one fight of the night bonus, UFC gave out four performance of the night bonuses worth $50,000 each.
The first bonus went to Danaa Batgerel, a really talented prospect who looks set to bet the next big thing in the bantamweight division lived up to the hype. He knocked out his opponent Brandon Davis in the first round of the fight itself. What’s even more is interesting is the fact that this was his third consecutive first round win in the UFC.
The second performance of the night bonus went to Bruno Silva. Silva had a really hard fought victory, he struggled in the first two rounds and came back stronger on the third round. The third round also saw him knockout his opponent Andrew Sanchez.
Nate Landwehr won the next bonus, Landwehr happened to be the biggest underdog on the card. He still managed to get the job done and that too in a spectacular fashion. The lightweight beat Ludovit Klein via submission in the third round. Landwehr controlled the fight from the beginning and even if the fight had gone to the judges he should have got a victory anyways.
The last bonus for the night went Jim Miller who marked his 22nd win in the UFC. His opponent Erick Gonzalez had Miller hurt in the first round but wasn’t able to finish him. This proved to be turning point as in the second round Miller came in hot and also dropped him early in the second round and earned a knockout victory.
More UFC news
- Conor McGregor calls Khabib Nurmagomedov “homophobic” in crazy deleted rant
- Kamaru Usman open to Middleweight move after UFC 261 but on one condition
- Jiri Prochazka says Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor and others inspired him
Follow our dedicated UFC page for instant UFC news and updates