UFC 266: Take a look at the results, winners and ones who received bonuses
This weekend’s UFC 266 was one of the best cards of the year and certainly delivered to the hype around it. The card was also stacked from top to bottom.
The UFC 266 card was built around Alexander Volkanovski who was going up against Brian Ortega for the Featherweight championship. This match was originally scheduled for earlier this year but Volkanovski tested covid positive and the match had to be pushed.
The event also featured the return of Nick Diaz who went up against Robbie Lawler in a five round non-main event fight. The card had 14 fights in total split in three sub-cards. That were Early Prelims, Prelims and also the Main card. With that being said let’s have a look at the results and bonus winners from the event.
UFC 226 Winners
Early Prelims Card
- Jonathan Pearce defeated Omar Morales via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Matthew Semelsberger defeated Martin Sano via knockout (punch)
- Nick Maximov defeated Cody Brundage via unanimous decision
- Jalin Turner defeated Uros Medic via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Taila Santos defeated Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision
- Chris Daukaus defeated Shamil Abdurakhimov via TKO (punches).
- Dan Hooker defeated Nasrat Haqparast via unanimous decision
- Merab Dvalishvili defeated Marlon Moraes via TKO (strikes)
- Jessica Andrade defeated Cynthia Calvillo via TKO (punches)
- Curtis Blaydes defeated Jairzinho Rozenstruik via unanimous decision
- Robbie Lawler defeated Nick Diaz via TKO (retirement)
- Valentina Shevchenko defeated Lauren Murphy via TKO (strikes)
- Alexander Volkanovski defeated Brian Ortega via unanimous decision
UFC 226 Bonus Winners
The UFC as usual offered two types of bonuses at this event. Two performance of the night and one fight of the night bonus worth $50,000 each.
The first performance of the night bonus went to Chris Daukaus. A heavyweight prospect who is making an impact in the UFC. Daukaus put the fight to bed in the second round when he secured the TKO finish. This is his fifth finish in a row.
The second performance of the night bonus went to Merab Dvalishvili. Dvalishvili put on a show to remember as he came back from an early scare to earn the victory in the second round. This match was probably one of the best matches of the year.
There was no debate as to who shall win the Fight of the Night, Ortega and Volanovski gave arguably one of the best Featherweight clashes ever seen. And were also befitting of the Fight of the Night bonus. The champion was fairly dominant throughout the fight but Ortega was not the one to back down. Ortega showed tremendous heart and also earned the respect from fans and fighter alike.
More UFC news
- Conor McGregor calls Khabib Nurmagomedov “homophobic” in crazy deleted rant
- Kamaru Usman open to Middleweight move after UFC 261 but on one condition
- Jiri Prochazka says Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor and others inspired him
Follow our dedicated UFC page for instant UFC news and updates