Cristian Garin is a professional tennis player from Chile, who is presently ranked 19th in the men’s singles ATP rankings. Garin achieved a career best ranking of 17 in 2021. He has won five ATP professional tour titles so far in his career.
In this article, we will take a look at the 5 things you must know about the tennis ace.
5. Cristian Garin defeated Alexander Zverev in the final of the Junior French Open
Garin became the youngest Chilean player to win an ATP tour match by defeating Dusan Lajovic at 16 years and 8 months old in the first round of the 2013 VTR Open. He was the winner of the 2013 Junior French Open, beating Alexander Zverev in the final.
4. Cristian Garin is very fond of board and card games
Garin is very fond of indoor games like UNO (card game), and Business (board game) and often plays Clash Royale on his phone. Garin loves to keep things light-hearted off the court, playing games with friends and fellow Tennis players. If Garin weren’t a professional tennis player, the Chilean says he would be a businessman. Besides playing games, Garin enjoys watching NBA basketball and his favorite delicacies are sushi and pizza.
3. Cristian Garin made history as a teen
Garin has enjoyed considerable success on the junior tennis circuit as a teenager. In his first tournament of 2013 in Vina del Mar, Garin defeated Dusan Lajovic 6-3, 6-4 to become the fifth player aged 16 or younger since 2000 to win an ATP tour title. A few months later, he won the 2013 Roland Garros boys singles title.
2. Cristian Garin is Chile’s No. 1 tennis player
Cristian Garin is presently 19th in the men’s singles ATP rankings. He is the No.1 singles player from Chile and has achieved the highest career ranking of No. 17. The 25-year-old has a decent win percentage of 52.7% on the ATP professional tour. He has won 5 ATP titles so far in his senior career.
1. Cristian Garin has won all of his five ATP titles on clay surface
Garin has won all of his five ATP career titles on clay courts. He won his first ATP title at the 2019 US Men’s Clay Court Championships and won his second title the same year at the BMW Open. He won his third title the following year at the 2020 Cordoba Open. After winning his first ATP Tour 500 title at the 2020 Rio Open, he became the sixth-ever male Chilean player to be ranked in the top 20.
More Tennis news
- “Bold and quiet. Powerful and calm” – Naomi Osaka stuns in the perfect commercial for Nissan
- Novak Djokovic’s brother makes Roger Federer promise ahead of Serbian Open
- Naomi Osaka responds to botching Jennifer Brady’s name after AO Open final win
Follow our dedicated Tennis page for instant Tennis news and updates