Roger Federer is one of the greatest tennis players ever and has shared some inspirational quotes on tennis, life and success over the years
Swiss sensation Roger Federer will go down as not only one of the greatest players of tennis but also has shared some inspirational quotes over the years.
Federer has won 20 Grand Slam titles till 2019 and many consider him to be the greatest player ever. The Swiss might be 38 but he still has a lot left in his tank. Federer has taken on several comers over the years but he has managed to stay near the top for over a decade.
Winning several trophies hasn’t gone to the Swiss star’s head, however. Federer still does a lot of charitable work and is one of the most likeable players on the circuit.
His humble nature always can be seen whether he is playing or giving out interviews, and it is a rarity to see the 38-year-old lose his cool at all.
Federer might have the record of most Grand Slam wins but that didn’t come easy. He has worked hard throughout his life and always parts with some wisdom when he is speaking to the public or after an event.
The Swiss ace has been one of the best in the world but some of his quotes can help people from any walk of life.
Federer isn’t as flashy some of the other stars and that might help him connect with millions across the world, but his words also have a great effect and here are some of his greatest quotes.
He has won over $100m from just playing the game but he hasn’t forgotten his route to the top, it seems.
10 most inspirational Roger Federer quotes on life and success
1) “I fear no one, but respect everyone.”
This seems to be true for the Swiss at all times. Even when facing newcomers like Dominic Thiem or rivals like Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic.
He has tons of respect for his opponents, even Nadal, but fear seems to be for the weak.
2) “I always believe if you’re stuck in a hole and maybe things aren’t going well you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way.”
There was a time when Federer was struggling to win Grand Slams, but he only came back stronger than ever.
It is no wonder that the Swiss won three Grand Slams between 2017 and 2018.
3) “Once you find that peace, that place of peace and quiet, harmony and confidence, that’s when you start playing your best.”
Inner peace is important whether you are a sportsperson or working to make things better. Federer’s quote regarding this is perfect as he is happy with how his game goes, even if he isn’t winning as much as he used to.
4) “I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that’s what my biggest improvement is over all those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear.”
As stated, facing tough opponents and losing close games might be a problem for most, but Federer highlights that keeping a positive frame of mind is a great thing to have and it helps him in tight spots.
5) “If you don’t believe you can win tournaments anymore, then you can’t do it.”
Self-belief is one of the greatest traits that Federer has. If he didn’t believe in himself, there was no way he could win 20 Grand Slams in his career.
6) “I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments.”
Thinking positively can work wonders even when there is a heap of trouble ahead. That kind of thinking has made Federer one of the best in the world, and this advice should be taken up by everyone.
7) “What I think I’ve been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play in all sorts of conditions.”
The ability to adapt is important in all phases of life. Federer can do it when he is on clay court, grass court or on a hard court, and that has made him one of the most successful players in the history of the game.
8) “When you do something best in life, you don’t really want to give that up – and for me it’s tennis.”
Giving 100% in what you do can lead to magical results in all spheres of life. Federer found his calling in tennis and the 38-year-old has always given his 100% on the courts.
9) “I was to blame when I lost. I was to blame when I won.”
Every top player enjoys their time when winning and things are going right but the ability to take stock of losses and keeping the blame to oneself is fantastic.
10) “There was a time where some players didn’t believe they could beat the top guys. So maybe there’s a little bit of a thing happening at the moment. I’m happy about that, that players believe they can beat the best on the biggest courts in the biggest matches.”
Federer has lost to some young guns in recent years but the Swiss isn’t bitter about it. The 38-year-old knows that he cannot continue remaining at the top, but keeping his cool even against the upcoming generation shows what a classy and foresighted person he is.
More Tennis news
Federer has shared several inspirational and motivational quotes in his playing time, and there is no doubt that more will come long after he hangs up his racquet.
Follow our dedicated Tennis page for instant Tennis news and updates