Jorge Masvidal’s father taken into custody after shooting at the former UFC star’s house
After a shooting incident on Thursday, police in Miami surrounded the home of retired UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal. According to the news, the man was shot in the arm amid a heated debate that quickly turned violent. The father of the accused, Jorge Masvidal Sr., has been arrested.
Officials have stated that the ex-UFC fighter had nothing to do with the shooting because he was not present at the time. According to recent reports, the victim, who was wounded in the arm, is doing well in the hospital.
Investigation into the shooting at the Florida home of a UFC fighter is underway.
The police are currently investigating the event to determine what sparked the disagreement that led to the shooting. But it has been established that those involved knew each other beforehand.
Even though he left the UFC last month, Jorge Masvidal continues to be a fan favourite. More questions have been raised since the 38-year-old was scheduled to host a Gamebred Bareknuckle event in South Florida on Friday night. The inquiry is underway at this time, and further information is forthcoming.
Jorge Masvidal weighs in on Nate Diaz choking out a Logan Paul lookalike on the streets of New Orleans
Jorge Masvidal is hoping to develop a link that will help Nate Diaz resolve his legal difficulties. After Diaz got in trouble with the law after being caught on video choking a Logan Paul lookalike named Rodney Peterson unconscious during a street brawl in New Orleans over the weekend, former opponent Jorge Masvidal is looking to lend a hand. Masvidal won their only “BMF” title fight by doctor’s stoppage TKO at UFC 244 in November 2019.
After an arrest warrant was issued, Diaz surrendered to the New Orleans Police Department and posted bond in the amount of $10,000. Masvidal claims he has been instructed to reach out to famous attorney Bradford Cohen in order to secure representation at his future hearing, which has not yet been scheduled.
Speaking in a recent interview with MMA Junkie, Masvidal stated:
“Nate Diaz if you see this, I’ve got a top lawyer in the country who wants to represent you,. His name is Brad Cohan. Have your people get in touch with him. He wants to take care of you. The dude is the man. I just remembered he has told me that. I don’t talk to Nate Diaz, but my boys at MMA Junkie can give him the message. Brad Cohan is the man.”
Weighing in on the melee itself, Masvidal sided with Diaz, stating:
“What it looked like to me is this dude ran up on Nate, and you’ve got to respect every threat. It looked like it was self-defense. But I don’t know. I didn’t see the whole video, I just saw one sh*tty angle so I don’t want to say too much. I just want to say: You can’t run up on people. You can’t violate people’s personal space and feel it’s cool to get away with. As good of an ass-kicking machine as I am, I give everyone their personal space. I don’t invade nobody, even if I have to ask, ‘Where’s the train stop?’ or something – I do it from a safe distance. You don’t want to be invading space cause you just don’t know.”
More MMA news
- Conor McGregor calls Khabib Nurmagomedov “homophobic” in crazy deleted rant
- Kamaru Usman open to Middleweight move after UFC 261 but on one condition
- Jiri Prochazka says Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor and others inspired him
Follow our dedicated MMA page for instant MMA news and update