Which NBA players have played for the Harlem Globetrotters?
The Harlem Globetrotters are an iconic basketball team known for their entertaining and high-flying style of play. Over the years, many NBA players have played for the Globetrotters, both before and after their professional careers.
Here are some of the most notable NBA players who have played for the Harlem Globetrotters:
• Wilt Chamberlain: One of the most dominant players in NBA history, Wilt Chamberlain played for the Globetrotters in 1958, during his rookie season with the Philadelphia Warriors.
• Connie Hawkins: A four-time NBA All-Star, Connie Hawkins played for the Globetrotters in the 1960s before joining the Phoenix Suns in the NBA.
• Meadowlark Lemon: Perhaps the most famous player in Globetrotters history, Meadowlark Lemon played for the team from 1954 to 1978 and was known for his incredible ball-handling skills and comedic timing.
• Wali Jones: Wali Jones played for the Globetrotters in the 1960s before joining Philadelphia in the NBA, where he won a championship alongside Wilt Chamberlain in 1967.
• Marques Haynes: Another legendary Globetrotter, Marques Haynes played for the team from 1947 to 1953 and again in the 1970s, earning a spot in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
• Lionel Simmons: A former NBA player with the Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs, Lionel Simmons played for the Globetrotters in the late 1990s.
• Mark Price: A four-time NBA All-Star and one of the greatest shooters in league history, Mark Price played for the Globetrotters in 1995 after his NBA career had ended.
• Sweet Lou Dunbar: A long-time Globetrotter, Sweet Lou Dunbar played for the team from 1980 to 2009 and was known for his high-flying dunks and energetic performances.
• Curly Neal: Another iconic Globetrotter, Curly Neal played for the team from 1963 to 1985 and was known for his dribbling skills and entertaining personality.
To sum it up, many NBA players have played for the Harlem Globetrotters over the years, from legends like Wilt Chamberlain and Connie Hawkins to modern-day stars like Lionel Simmons and Mark Price. These players helped to elevate the Globetrotters’ entertaining style of play and cemented their status as one of the most beloved basketball teams of all time.