Infernal Iron is used to craft many powerful equipment in Baldur’s Gate 3. This misc Item is available in many locations.
Baldur’s Gate 3 includes tons of new features and mechanics. To progress in each stage, adventurers can procure weapons and other quest items. Also, to progress in the game’s stories, you will have to find ways to unlock rare and exclusive quest items from NPCs or enemies. Misc Item is a new type of quest item that’s been used primarily to progress in stories.
Misc items are used to enchant and craft new materials and weapons. These types of quest items are also used to level up fast in Baldur’s Gate III. Misc items will appear in many locations in every act. Infernal Iron is one of the misc items that’s used to craft an Infernal Engine. This is also used for various upgrades as well. Farming these items will get the best builds for companions.
Infernal Iron spawns in many locations and this is a sharp item with glowing ridges in all ends. It also reduces vision and can inflict blind effects as well. Infernal Iron comes in three variants like Infernal Alloy, Infernal Metal and Enriched Infernal Iron. Here’s where you can find Infernal Iron in Baldur’s Gate 3 and ways to use this misc Item.
All Infernal Iron Locations in Baldur’s Gate 3
Infernal Iron is found in secret rooms and chests. You can complete side-quests and earn them as rewards in some chapters. Here are all locations to obtain one in Baldur’s Gate III. You will either get the Internal Iron or its variants in these locations.
Infernal Iron Locations in Act 1
- You can find it inside a chest in a secret room near the Blighted Village. But there’s a quest as a prerequisite. Go to Grymforge and the exact coordinates are X:661 Y:368. Here, you have to help the NPC, Stonemason Kith. You have to complete and pass three checks. The scenarios will be based on rock and rubble in the place and you have to keenly observe and complete the quest. The three possibilities for this quest are based on checks and skills like History, Perception and Investigation. Once you clear all these, Stonemason Kith will reward you with an Infernal Iron.
- The other location to get Infernal Iron in act one is the Zhentarim Hideout X 282, Y 167. In the backyard of Hideout, you can find two chests near a metal door. The chest also has a trap of DC 10 and Slight of Hand. You can activate the stealth mode and steal the chest to get this item.
- Next, you can visit the locked Blacksmith room in Blighted Village. You also have to burn spider webs on its roofs to get inside and unlock the chest. Also, you can lockpick the doors and get inside.
- The final location is the Goblin Camp. First, you have to reach from the west of the Druid Grove and reach the Goblin Temple known as the Shattered Sanctum. Find the chamber of Dror Ragzlin and also get inside his Throne room. Behind this room, you can find a secret treasure room where the Infernal Iron spawns. Also, you can steal the other rare items here
Infernal Iron Locations in Act 2
- The first spot you can visit is the Gauntlet of Shar in the Grand Mausoleum. The coordinates to reach are X 821, Y 750 and look for locked and large wooden doors. Overcome a DC of 30 and unlock the treasure room. There will be 3 treasure chests. The Infernal Iron along with other loot rewards can be secured here. Find Ketheric Thorm’s Relic quest also offers this misc quest item.
- Again in the Gauntlet of Shar, reach a location that matches the coordinates of X 657, Y 764. As a part of the side quest, you have to slay the NPC boss Yurgir the Orthon and unlock the Infernal Metal as a drop.
- Travel to Masons Guild through coordinates X 102, Y 20. Investigate the locations and find the door near Reithwin Masons Guild. You can collect the misc on top of a table.
Infernal Iron Locations in Act 3
- Travel to Flymm’s Cargo Basement in act 3. You can reach the entrance from the Umberlee Temple warehouse. Find the hatch and reach the basement zone. Find the Hallway near the Hangar, the quest item will be out in the open locations. This can be completed as a part of two side-quests where you have to slay the Drowned and also rescue the Grand Duke.
- The final location to get Infernal Iron is Iron Thorne. This is located in the Lower City area. Reach the location from Flymm Cargo by a Sub. Exit the submersible and find a table. You can find the quest item on a table near the book ‘Iron Throne – Windup and Shutdown’.
- These are all the best locations to find and unlock Infernal Iron in all acts of Baldur’s Gate 3. Here’s how you can use this unique misc quest item,
- Use it to craft Dammon’s Forged items like Flawed Helldusk Armor, Flawed Helldusk Gloves and Flawed Helldusk Helmet
- Use it for Karlach’s Infernal engine upgrades
- Give Infernal Iron to Dammon and unlock Karlach Heart of Iron Passive
That’s everything you need to know about Infernal Iron locations and uses in Baldur’s Gate 3. Just like farming gold, getting these types of misc items is also challenging.
Frequently Asked Question
Races add unique traits and feats to your classes. There are over 20 races in Baldur’s Gate III with different features. Every race functions in a unique way. You can go with Elf, Human, Githyanki, Tieflings or even Half-Orc. Halfling race is another best option as well.
Scrolls, the consumable items can be used to read and also learn about new spells. You can get them from chests, book rows, traders, NPCs, merchants and desks. Scrolls in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be used one time to unleash any spell and you can use it later to learn all about those magical spells in the game.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide – 10 Tips from Early Access
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Barbarian Guide – Berserker vs Wildheart
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Companions Guide – How to Get?
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant