Has Honkai Star Rail surpassed Genshin Impact? Check our Honkai Star Rail vs Genshin Impact guide to find out the best game among these two.
Honkai Star Rail from HoYoverse has been launched. HoYoverse is known for Genshin Impact. Honkai Star Rail is much akin to Genshin Impact and many gameplay elements, mechanics, and features are the same in both these 3D open-world roleplaying games. But which is the best game among these two is what everyone is looking for.
Genshin Impact was a raging hit when the game launched and even now the game is one of the bests in the world. On the other hand, Honkai Star Rail has just been released. One can only find out which is good among these two after several months.
Both games have fantastic visuals, graphics, and storylines. But there are some differences between these games right from battles to talents. Here’s everything you need to know about the differences, similarities, and more between Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail in our latest guide.
Honkai Star Rail vs Genshin Impact – All You Need to Know
You can’t conclude the better one among these two as one was launched 3 years back and the other one is just out. But we can find out which has the best features and mechanics based on their similarities and differences. Here are the main differences and similarities between these games.
Honkai Star Rail vs Genshin Impact Similarities
The common things and features between these two RPGs are here. Though the names may be different, HoYoverse has incorporated the same features and content,
- Both games have elemental characters. Genshin Impact characters are Pyro, Cryo, Hydro, Dendro, Anemo, and Electro. Similarly, in Honkai Star Rail the characters are from Ice, Fire, Lightning, Wind, Quantum, Physical, and Imaginary
- Genshin Impact had artifacts like Flowers, Feathers, Circlet, Goblet, and Sand as character-level items. In Honkai Star Rail, they are known as Relics or Relic sets. Head, Hands, Body, Feet, Planar Sphere, and Link Rope. Both artifacts and relics can be used to upgrade stats like atk, hp, and def.
- If you own weapons in Genshin Impact, you will own Light Cones here in Honkai Star Rail.
- In Genshin Impact your characters boast Talents. Similarly, here your characters boast Traces. These are special abilities for every character in the game
- The premium currency in Genshin Impact is Primogem and it’s Stellar Jades in Honkai Star Rail
- In Genshin Impact you can upgrade the talents of characters using constellations. Likewise in Honkai Star Rail, you can use Eidolons use to increase talents and other skills
- In Genshin Impact it was the gift shop and it’s Contract Shop in Honkai Star Rail
- If it was event wishes in Genshin Impact, it’s Warps in Honkai Star Rail
- Both Honkai Star Rail and Genshin Impact have Reroll mechanics. You can pull for your favorite top-tier and SSR characters using rolls
- Finally, players in Honkai Star Rail were able to discover Genshin Impact Paimon and Honkai Impact Easter eggs. This was also confirmed in a Reddit post and there were also two accessories from Genshin Impact including a glider. The third one was from Honkai Star Rail.
These are the similarities in both the games with just the names being different. Other than that, both share the same purposes.
Honkai Star Rail vs Genshin Impact Differences
Now let’s see the primary differences,
- Genshin Impact has real-time battles and you need to use the right controls to win battles. Honkai Star Rail has turn-based strategic battles and there’s also an auto-battle feature here. So, this comes in as the first major difference between Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail
- In Genshin Impact, the earned skill points will only be added to your characters. In Honkai Star Rail, you can share these skill points with your team members
- Genshin Impact is an open-world game and you can travel across one nation. In Honkai Star Rail, there are a plethora of small maps and you can explore every available location on the map
- You can use elemental skills and elemental reactions to defeat opponents of Genshin Impact. Whereas in Honkai Star Rail, you can only attack them by knowing and using elemental powers they are weaker to
These are the major differences between Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail right now.
Apart from all these, there are small differences and similarities in all features like abilities, achievements, shortcuts, text boxes, redemption codes, and more.
Genshin Impact or Honkai Star Rail – Which is the Best?
We have shared all differences and similarities between both Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail. Right from features like battles to rewards, there’s a small difference between the two games. But you can’t compare a game that was released a couple of days back with one that launched a couple of years back. Players enjoy both games and some may like one, others may dislike one. Both games are from HoYoverse and the developers are trying their best to take Honkai Star Rail to the next level with new features and content.
In short, both Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail have excellent features, graphics, and mechanics. Both have intriguing stories, quests, and unlimited rewards. Enjoy playing both games as they are unique in their way. Both Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail are compatible with PC, Mobile, and PlayStation consoles.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- All Genshin Impact Fravashi Tree Locations
- Valorant Breach Guide – Abilities, Best Maps, Tips and Tricks
- Dead Island 2 Multiplayer Guide
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant E-Sports news and updates