Ready to lead the charge in Baldur’s Gate 3? Discover the best Fighter builds for unparalleled combat prowess and strategic dominance.
The stories and missions of Baldur’s Gate 3 are never an easy task. Every act consists of plenty of missions and boss fights. To overcome these challenges, players have to choose classes, races and equipment. There are numerous classes in BG 3 and every class possesses unique powers and traits. There are attacking units, defensive units and tanks.
Everyone loves to play as a tank as you can be a destruction to enemies. Only few skills in Baldur’s Gate III are tanks. Out of those, Fighters are explosive tanks with impeccable damage skills. Their strong zone is attacking and they have high strength. Fighters are excellent ranged units and also boast special martial arts skills.
Though fighters are good tanks, their defensive skills are weak. To strengthen their other skills, you must find the best items and form a powerful build. Here are the best skills, weapons and other resources that will form an invincible build for Fighter class heroes in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Best Fighter Class Builds in Baldur’s Gate 3
Fighters have the best hit dice of 1d10 and their proficiencies are focused on Strength and Constitution. You can power up Fighter’s stats with some top-notch skills and equipment. Here is how you can get the best builds for Fighters,
Best Subclasses or Fighters in BG3
There are plenty of Subclasses for fighters in BG 3. Here are the ones that will suit Fighter’s playing style,
- Champion – Champion is a primary Subclass and this unlocks improved critical feature as well. This subclass provides additional strength and critical attack. The skills keep getting better at every level.
- Eldritch Knight – Eldritch Knight has excelled in reading magic. The class provides two features and two spell slots will be unlocked in every level.
- Battle Master – Superiority dice will increase with this class. Also, you will be able to choose three Maneuvers.
Best Weapons and Equipment for Baldur’s Gate 3
Fighters are naturally powerful and aggressive. Here are the best weapons and equipment for fighter class heroes of Baldur’s Gate 3,
- Unseen Menace – A slashing two-handed martial and melee weapon for Fighters. This rare weapon is found in Crèche Y’llek and sold by the A’jak’nir Jeera. Unseen Menace provides weapon Enchantment +1. The dice roll is 1D10+1 and it also grants the piercing effects. Brace, Rush Attack and Piercing Strike actions will be unlocked and you can deal x2 melee damage for a short span.
- Sussur Dagger – This is a rare magical weapon. This melee weapon can be used to silence targets. You can inflict silenced action and counter attack enemies. Complete the side quest, Finish the Masterwork weapon quest in Blighted Village, to unlock this. Sussur Dagger provides weapon enhancement and also Piercing Strike is unlocked with the proficiency.
- Sussur Greatsword – This is another rare magic weapon that comes with three proficiency features like Cleave, Pommel Strike and Lacerate. Also, you get +1 weapon enchantment. This weapon silences the target for a short time.
- Adamantine Long Swords – This rare magical weapon provides a slashing effect even when you wield the sword in both hands. You can use its two features and get some bonus. Use Diamondsbane to strike an object and this will turn the hit as a critical hit. The other weapon feature, lethal weapon will ignore resistance to slashing damage. Overall, this is a powerful heavy and martial versatile weapon for all fighter class heroes. You can unlock three weapon features like Rush Attack, Lacerate, and Pommel Strike.
- Scale Mail Armor – This common medium armor set grants disadvantage against stealth rolls. Also, the AC bonus from Dexterity is +2. Dammon merchant, sells this for 100+ gold.
- Leather Boots – These common boots are one of the best gear items for fighters in Baldur’s Gate 3. You can purchase this from vendors everywhere.
Best Skills and Spells for Fighters
Skills and Spells are additional stats for Fighters. It will strengthen their defense and healing. Equip these skills and spells for fighters,
- Acrobatics – This skill provides extra Dexterity and you will be able to survive in a tricky situation.
- Survival – Survival focuses on wisdom. This will help you survive in challenging locations like Frozen Wastelands and also identify Wild Life creatures like owlbears
- Animal Handling – This is another wisdom skill that boosts your skills against animals. You can control mounts and domesticated animals till this skill is active.
- Poison Spray – This is a Cantrip spell from the Conjuration school. This will project a puff of Noxious gas and throws poisonous effects on targets
- Blade Ward – Another Cantrip spell from the Abjuration school. This reduces your damage against Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing attacks for 2 turns
- Ray of Frost – This Cantrip spell from the Evocation school can be used to reduce the movement speed of enemies. You will also deal extra cold damage.
- Fire Molt – Another Evocation Cantrip spell that’s used to deal fire damage. You can hurl a mote of fire and rage enemies using burn effects
With these equipment, skills and spells, the best build for fighters in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be unleashed. Even if you are a barbarian class hero, or if you play as a lich, these builds are always useful.
Frequently Asked Question
Many players have started to use mods in BG 3 as no one wants to play only limited content. Mods expand your in-game levels and stats and this makes it hard for players to avoid these mods. But using mods is always risky and it can be avoided.
Yes, heavy armor provides huge bonus stats and also your shield gets extra protection. Legendary heavy armor sets are the best gear items to use in Baldur’s Gate III.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Guide – 10 Tips from Early Access
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Barbarian Guide – Berserker vs Wildheart
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Companions Guide – How to Get?
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant