Here is our Kaeya Best Build Guide for the free Cryo character in Genshin Impact. Find out how to maximize his damage potential right here!
Kaeya is a 4-Star Cryo Sword user in Genshin Impact. The residents of Mondstadt hold Kaeya in high regard as the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. He’s known in Genshin Impact for being extraordinarily charming, to the point where he can persuade dangerous criminals to provide him with the information he needs to capture or release them.
This four-star cryo character may be gotten quickly by completing tasks at the beginning of the game, and while he isn’t the most powerful character, Kaeya can be very useful early on. Our Kaeya guide will help you select the best weapons and artifacts for your build, as well as explain what each of his talents does.
Kaeya Best Build Guide
- Elemental Skill and Burst have very short cooldowns for easy Cryo application.
- Decent Auto-Attack and Elemental Skill DMG multipliers.
- Elemental Burst persists after swapping characters.
- Elemental Skill has a small area of effect.
- Constellations are hard to get
Ceremonial Bladework (Normal Attack)
Normal Attack – Performs up to 5 consecutive strikes.
Charged Attack – Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
Plunging Attack – Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemeies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Frostgnaw (Elemental Skill)
Unleashes a frigid blast, dealing Cryo DMG to enemies in front of Kaeya.
Glacial Waltz (Elemental Burst)
Coalescing the frost in the air, Kaeya summons 3 icicles that revolve around him. These icicles will follow the character around and deal Cryo DMG to enemies in their path for so long as they persist.
Kaeya Passive Talents
Hidden Strength (Unlocked Automatically)
Decreases all party members’ sprinting Stamina consumption by 20%.
Cold-Blooded Strike (Unlocked at Ascension 1)
Every hit with Frostgnaw regenerates HP for Kaeya equal to 15% of ATK.
Glacial Heart (Unlocked at Ascension 4)
Enemies Frozen by Frostgnaw will drop additional Elemental Particles. Frostgnaw may only produce a maximum of 2 additional Elemental Particles per use.
Best Weapons Build for Kaeya
1. Iron Sting
Base Attack: 42
Bonus Effect: Elemental Mastery 36
Skill Effect – Dealing Elemental DMG increases all DMG by 6% for 6s. Max 2 stacks. Can occur once every 1s.
2. Festering Desire
Base Attack: 42
Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge 10
Skill Effect – Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 16% and Elemental Skill CRIT Rate by 6%.
3. Favonius Sword
Base Attack: 41
Bonus Effect: Energy Recharge 13.3%
Skill Effect – CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
Best Artifacts Build for Kaeya
1. Blizzard Strayer
- Cryo DMG Bonus +15%
- When a character attacks an enemy affected by Cryo, their CRIT Rate is increased by 20%. If the enemy is Frozen, CRIT Rate is increased by an additional 20%.
2. Noblesse Oblige
- Elemental Burst DMG +20%.
- Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
3. Emblem of Severed Fate
- Energy Recharge +20%.
- Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
Kaeya Constellation – Pavo Ocellus
1. Excellent Blood (Constellation 1)
The CRIT Rate of Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG against enemies affected by the Cold or Frozen status effects is increased by 15%.
2. Never-Ending Performance (Constellation 2)
Every time Glacial Waltz defeats an enemy, its duration is increased by 2.5s, up to a maximum of 15s.
3. Dance of Frost (Constellation 3)
- Increases the Level of Frostgnaw by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
4. Frozen Kiss (Constellation 4)
Triggers automatically when Kaeya’s HP falls below 20%: Creates a shield that absorbs damage equal to 30% of Kaeya’s Max HP. Lasts for 20s. This shield absorbs Cryo DMG with 250% efficiency. Can only occur once every 60s.
5. Frost Biting Embrace (Constellation 5)
- Increase the Level of Glacial Waltz by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
6. Glacial Whirlwind (Constellation 6)
Glacial Waltz will generate 1 additional icicle and will regenerate 15 Energy when cast.
This was our Genshin Impact Kaeya Best Build Guide. Glacial Waltz, Kaeya’s Elemental Burst, is similar to Xiangling in that it surrounds the character in spinning icicles that give many strikes of Cryo damage. This effect can be utilised to build up several Elemental Reactions because it persists even when switching characters. To keep enemies frozen, pair Glacial Waltz with a Hydro character like Tartaglia, or with a Pyro character like Diluc or Hu Tao to trigger Melt.
For more related content check out our dedicated website Gamition.
More E-Sports news:
- Final Fantasy XIV different classes and playstyle
- Halo Infinite Gun Tier List
- Punishing Gray Raven Tier List
Follow our dedicated E-Sports page for instant E-Sports news and update