Roger Federer is a record 20-time Grand Slam champion and has some big tournaments lined-up in his 2020 schedule
Record Grand Slam holder, Roger Federer will have a lighter schedule this season and opted out of the ATP Cup earlier this year.
Unlike other seasons he chose to start his season by featuring in the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
He also withdrew from the ongoing Dubai Duty Tennis Championships due to a chest infection and will miss the French Open after undergoing knee surgery.
Federer should be back after the French Open with two more Grand Slams after that.
Federer 2020 next match
It is difficult to say when his next match will be. The BNP Paribas Open could have been his next clash but it seems that he will return only after the French Open.
However, fans can still watch some of the competitions that Federer was to take part on the following platforms.
For tennis fans in the UK, Europe & Australia visit bet365 > Tennis > Live Streaming here* to watch and bet on the ATP & WTA Indian Wells live. You can also watch the ATP Indian Wells Live Streaming in UK using Amazon Prime Video.
Sign up with Amazon Prime here to watch the Indian Wells Masters on a free trial. In order to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video (in the UK only), you can opt for a 30-day free trial by signing up here & watch the Indian Wells Masters live streamed.
BNP Paribas Open
The BNP Paribas Open could also be watched on TV and here is the list of TV channels that will telecast the event live. However, this information is based on the 2019 edition of the tournament and are liable to change. Further changes will be made as per updates.
Afghanistan: MSM (Sony); Bangladesh: MSM (Sony); Bhutan: MSM (Sony); China: CCTV, Iqiyi; Shanghai: Shanghai Media; Hong Kong: PCCW; India: MSM (Sony); Japan: WOWOW, NHK, Gaora Sports Channel; South Korea: Eclat; Malaysia: Measat (Astro Supersport); Maldives: MSM (Sony); Nepal: MSM (Sony); Pakistan: MSM (Sony); Philippines: Elite Sport; Singapore: Starhub (Supersports); Sri Lanka: MSM (Sony); Taiwan: Sino Catch (Sportcast); Thailand: Cineplex (Truevisions); Vietnam: Canal+ Overseas; Israel: Charlton/Sport1; MENA: BeIn Sport; Brazil: Globosat; Canada: Tennis Canada/Rogers Sportsnet, TSN; Caribbean: ESPN International; South America: ESPN International; United States: Tennis Channel
The Indian Wells Open could also be seen live streaming online by subscribing to TennisTV.com and WTATV.com.
Roger Federer 2020 schedule
Roger Federer could have featured 11 tournaments which include six matches in outdoor hard courts, two in indoor hard courts, one in clay and two in grass respectively. The following list gives better information about his upcoming schedule for the 2020 season (however it is provisional and subject to change):
- (July 24-August 9) Tokyo Olympics – Tokyo
- (August 15- August 23) Wester and Southern Open – Cincinnati, Ohio
- (August 31-September 13) US Open – New York
- (October 11-October 18) Shanghai Rolex Masters – Shanghai
- (September 25-Septemeber 27) Laver Cup – Boston, Massachusetts
- (October 24-November 1) Swiss Indoors – Basel, Switzerland
- (June 13-June 21) Noventi Open – Halle, Germany
- June 29-July 12) Wimbledon – London
Roger Federer 2020 news
- Did Roger Federer make a mistake by opting to play only in the French Open?
- Roger Federer cuts short clay-court schedule to appear in just one competition
- Swiss star Belinda Bencic shares her thoughts on Roger Federer featuring at 2020 Olympics
- Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Serena, Kenin and many other top stars to compete at 2020 Miami Open
- Roger Federer to miss 2020 French Open after undergoing knee surgery in Switzerland
Roger Federer results
|Australian Open||4th Round||Loss||Stefanos Tsitsipas||7-6 (11), 6-7 (3), 5-7, 6-7 (5)|
|Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships||Final||Won||Stefanos Tsitsipas||6-4, 6-4|
|BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells||Final||Loss||Dominic Thiem||6-3, 4-6, 5-7|
|Miami open||Final||Won||John Isner||6-1, 6-4|
|Madrid Open||Quarterfinal||Loss||Dominic Thiem||6-3, 6-7 (11), 4-6|
|Internazionali BNL d’Italia||Quarterfinal||Walkover||Stefanos Tsitsipas||W/O|
|French Open||Semi-final||Loss||Rafael Nadal||3-6, 4-6, 2-6|
|Noventi Open||Final||Won||David Goffin||7-6 (2), 6-1|
|Wimbledon||Final||Loss||Novak Djokovic||7-6 (5), 1-6, 7-6 (4), 4-6, 13-12 (3)|
|Western & Southern Open||Third Round||Loss||Andrey Rublev||3-6, 4-6|
|US Open||Quarterfinal||Loss||Grigor Dimitrov||6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 4-6, 2-6|
|Laver Cup||Team Event||Won||Team World||Team Europe 13 – 11 Team World|
|Shanghai Masters||Quarterfinal||Loss||Alexander Zverev||3-6, 7-6(7), 3-6|
|Swiss Indoors, Basel||Final||Won||Alex De Minaur||6-2, 6-2|
|ATP Finals||Semifinal||Loss||Stefanos Tsitsipas||3-6, 4-6|
- Australian Open (Semi-final): lost to Novak Djokovic 6-7(1), 3-6, 4-6
Follow our dedicated Roger Federer page for instant news and updates
More tennis news:
- (Watch) Daniil Medvedev’s coach smokes tennis star with unbelievable juggling skills
- “It’s a little hectic” – Sofia Kenin opens up about expectations and changes after Australian Open triumph
- Are injuries stopping Dominic Thiem from being a Grand Slam winner?